American Freedom Party Organizing on UW-Madison Campus
The American Freedom Party is an IRS 527 registered political party that is described as representing the interests and issues of white or European Americans.
“The AFP attempts to appeal to a perhaps more independent or Libertarian demographic, in addition to white nationalists,” reads the Southern Poverty Law Center’s listing for the group.
The Cap Times reports, “According to the Madison-American Freedom Party’s website, the outreach program is to provide support for Madison-UW students “aspiring to understand, organize and lobby” against “college practices, policies and climate” deemed “hostile to students and faculty of European ethnic background and traditional values…” as evidenced by a course being offered next semester called “The Problem of Whiteness,” and it’s not sitting well with many white legislators… The course, taught by Professor Damon Sajnani (a Canadian rapper), is part of the African Cultural Studies program at the university’s College of Letters and Science.
Mr. Dropik does not agree that it’s a hate group. “The important part to remember is that me as an individual, in spite of my past, and that activities with this club right now, that neither one of these are centered around racial hatred or a desire to do harm based on their racial or ethnic backgrounds,” says Dropik.
“Predictably, some students are intolerant towards us, and seem determined to undermine us,” Dropik is quoted from an email. “Other students are skeptical but willing to give us a chance.”
Though the Madison group models the American Freedom Party’s platform, Dropik said the university outreach component is more about supporting students than “obsessing over party orthodoxy.”
In a related issue a petition is being circulated to denounce the Young Americans for Freedom (YAF) from the UW campus. The extremists at SPLC have also made spurious “hate group” claims against the YAF.
Let’s be accurate. There are claims that American Freedom Party is a hate group according to the SPLC. Let’s look at some facts:
In 1975, Morris Dees, a founder of the SPLC, was charged with suborning perjury during the Joan Little murder trial. The charges were later dropped but he was kicked out of the courtroom and was not permitted to come back.
- Joan Little Lawyer seized on witness tampering charges from the Chicago Tribune, July 30, 1975.
- Lawyer for Joan Little Thrown Out Of Court from the Sarasota Journal, July 30, 1975.
- Chief Justice Warren Burger refuses to reinstate Dees in Joan Little murder trial Rome News Tribune, August 6, 1975.
The SPLC is not a reputable reference. Many believe that the SPLC is the true hate group.
The UW has numerous identity based student organizations:
- African Cultural Studies Student Association (ACSSA)
- African Students Association (ASA) “…to promote cultural and social awareness of African students…”
- Albanian American Student Organization (AASO) “…learning about the Albanian culture, language, and opportunity to establish friendships…”
- Asian American Student Union (AASU) “… a Pan-Asian organization that aims to unite the Asian American community…”
- Badgers for Israel “…pro-Israel, pro-peace, political student organization…” (but a Pro-European organizations deemed “racist”)
- Bangladesh Student Organization-UW Madison (BSO-UWMadison) “…an organization of UW-Madison members who want to promote Bangladeshi culture…”
- Black Law Students Association-UW Law School (BLSA-UW) “…dialogue regarding the needs of the Black law student and Black community…”
- Cantonese Culture Club (C^3) “… focuses on the culture propagation and Cantonese language…”
- Chabad Jewish Student Association (Chabad) “… a student organization that gives UW students the opportunity to engage in cultural, educational and religious aspects of Judaism
- Chinese Language and Culture Club (CLACC) “… understanding of the Chinese Language and Culture through free fun-filled cultural events…”
- College Democrats of UW-Madison (CDM) “…an arm of the Democratic National Committee…”
- College Republicans of UW-Madison (College Republicans)
- DREAMERS of UW-Madison (DREAMERS) (Yes, undocumented Dreamers!)
- East Asian Cultural Exchange (EACE)
- Filipino American Student Organization (FASO) “…aims to educate and spread awareness about Filipino culture & history”
- Persian Student Society “…To promote Persian culture and traditions…”
- QLaw (Queer Law Students Association) (QLaw) “…dedicated to serving the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (LGBTQ)”
- Saudi Student Association (SSA) “…share the Saudi culture…”
- Taiwanese Undergraduate Student Organization (TUSO) “…dedicated to assist Taiwanese undergraduates on campus and introduce Taiwan’s culture to the public…”
- Vietnamese Student Association (VSA) “…designed to bring together students who are Vietnamese…”
We were unable to find ANY group that promotes the interests and concerns of white Americans or Western Civilization.
Is the University of Wisconsin being intolerant of white people?
One thought on “American Freedom Party Organizing on UW-Madison Campus”
My advice to these brave kids is to maintain a high-quality website, with a lot of valuable information that students won’t normally be exposed to, such as interracial violent crime statistics. This would allow braver and more intellectually-honest souls to be recruited quietly and confidentially, by virtue of their ability to apply facts, evidence, logic and reason to what Solzhenitsyn called “the evidences of their senses.”
I call them brave because I’m perfectly aware of how leftist UW-Madison is. A relative of mine went there, and many of us have always called it “The People’s Republic of Madison.” I would not send a kid there…